DURAMTECH LLC, a woman-owned small business, is a special company offering professional consulting services focusing in financial management solutions and data analytics/visualization. As a leading innovator in financial management systems and accounting solutions in the new era of e-business and e-government, DURAMTECH LLC offers a full complement of financial, accounting, and IT professionals, delivering services and software that support and enhance the business processes of financial and accounting practices for some of the largest federal government agencies and corporate entities.. We have a current opening for a Business Analyst to support a large government contract in Washington DC.
The qualified applicant will become part of the Enterprise Data warehouse(EDW) program for a large federal agency.
This position plays a key role in supporting the agency’s implementation of strategic objectives by facilitating requirements gathering and analysis sessions with business users.
- Five to seven years Business Analyst experience
- Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle
- Ability to translate requirement concepts between business and technical personnel
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills – clear and concise writing and oral skills are crucial to the ability to obtain and disseminate information
- Ability to work independently and multi-task / managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Experience creating detailed test cases / scripts
- Proven experience writing Business Requirements and Functional Requirements on a project that was at least 1 year in length and with a Requirements gathering phase of at least 3 months
- Proven experience working with both IT and Business users in the development of a new process/functionality
- Proven experience developing Business Process Maps
- Proven experience facilitating a Business Requirements session with at least 12 participants, with at least 6 from a non-IT department
- Experience using VISIO, the MS Office set of tools
- Ability to test project requirement
- Ability to analyze and write Scope Change requests as related to changes to requirements
- Experience using MS Project to define and track the Requirements Gathering part of a project
- Must be able to successfully obtain a Public Trust Clearance